Save time and money
Why hire Vet Teams for relief veterinary technology services?
Our team is here to help make your life easier. With our relief veterinary technology services, you will see an increase in productivity with a decrease in payroll and overtime costs. Our experienced team is certified in Minnesota and has 20+ years of experience in veterinary medicine.
Certified in Minnesota
Veterinary Technology Degrees
Veterinary Technology Relief Service Highlights:
- Specialty and referral practice experience includes anesthesia, surgery, internal medicine, ophthalmology, emergency, and ICU settings.
- Familiar with common in-house laboratory suites including Abaxis, Heska, and Idexx
- Familiar with many veterinary practice management software systems, including, but not limited to Avimark, Dvmax, and Impromed.
- Experience in handling and treatment of canines, felines, pocket pets, exotics, and select production animals.
What is a relief CVT?
A relief Certified Veterinary Technician (or locum Certified Veterinary Technician) is very similar to a relief Veterinarian! A relief CVT is an outside agent/agency hired by an organization to provide veterinary technology skills and support, acting as part of the veterinary healthcare team, during times of insufficient support staff.
What can a relief CVT do?
Vet Teams relief CVTs pride themselves on being able to ‘jump into’ each day’s appointments, client communications or any other CVT appropriate responsibilities. Relief CVTs are no strangers to appointments (both preventative medicine and illness), laboratory functions, husbandry, nursing care, and surgery (to name a few!)
Are they an employee of the institution?
Since the relief CVTs from Vet Teams are not employees of the clinic or hospital they are providing services for, all the paperwork, Human Resources protocols, and wages/taxes are handled by Vet Teams!
How Can Vet Teams Help You Minimize Employee Overtime Cost?
Hourly Wage $18 base pay (Time and a half): $27.00
Social Security and Medicare Tax: $4.14
Federal Taxes: $2.70+
State Taxes: $1.27+
Unemployment Tax: Varies
Unemployment Insurance: Varies
Worker’s Compensation: Varies
Additional costs of PTO, employee benefits based on hours worked, as well as decreased productivity and increased absenteeism, etc. related to overtime are not included.
* Taxes costs are estimates and not actual. Actual costs should be obtained after consulting a tax professional.